The future of otolaryngology is in your hands
As practice managers, administrators, coders and more, you are constantly challenged to promote the best in otolaryngology medicine across your region and across the country while simultaneously running a successful business. The Association of Otolaryngology Administrators is your partner to help make that happen.
The AOA is the only association dedicated to otolaryngology practice management. Our specialty-specific education, resources and networking opportunities will help take your practice to the next level and remain competitive in an uncertain time of healthcare.
09/19/2018 DO YOU TALK TOO MUCH?
As great coaches will tell you, it isn’t about giving specific advice to your team to be helpful - it’s about actually coaching your team. This means providing things that give insight and allowing your team to find their own direction and take action. Follow these steps to improve your team coaching:
• Give encouragement and praise freely rather than only criticizing.
• Challenge thinking so the “right” answer is found by the team member rather than just being handed to them.
• Inquire about reasoning behind an action rather than just correcting.
• Confront when necessary directly and right away rather than a week later.
• Affirm correct action.
• Never ever stop questioning.
Make your people actually THINK about what they do and why they do it. You might just find yourself in the middle of the world’s greatest “think tank” of employees who produce beyond your wildest dreams. Wouldn’t that be great!?
Read the Manager's Minute Archives.