NEWS & ASSOCIATION UPDATES
You Have 1 Week
There's just one week left to complete the AOA/AAO-HNS joint benchmarking survey. Many of your colleagues have submitted - is your practice on this list? Visit the AOA benchmarking pageto complete your pieces and add your practice's name to the list.
Acadian ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery
Advanced ENT & Allergy
Alexiou Hearing & Sinus Center
Arkansas Otolaryngology Center
Balance and Ear Center
Blue Ridge ENT
Central Oregon ENT
Colorado ENT & Allergy
Columbus Otolaryngology Clinic
Ear, Nose & Throat Associates (Clearwater, FL)
Ear, Nose & Throat Associates ENTJC (Johnson City, TN)
Ear, Nose and Throat Associates (Fort Wayne, IN)
Ear, Nose and Throat Associates of South Florida
Ear, Nose, and Throat Consultants of East Tennessee
ENT Allergy & Associates, LLP
ENT Center of Central GA
ENT Physicians & Surgeons PA
Head and Neck Surgical Associates
Houston ENT & Allergy
Iowa Ear Center
Kadlec Clinic ENT
Kurtis Waters MD PA
Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians
Petoskey Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists
Piedmont ENT & Associates (PENTA)
Pinnacle ENT & Associates
Pinnacle ENT Alliance LLC
Sacramento Ear Nose & Throat
Shea Ear Clinic
Sound Health Services
Southeastern Ohio Otolaryngology, Inc.
Southern Crescent ENT
Spokane Valley ENT
The ENT AMC
The ENT Surgical Associates (FL)
Wake ENT Specialists
Westwood Ear Nose & Throat PC
William A Ingram MD PC
AOA-35 ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE
Just 10% of rooms are left in the AOA-35 Annual Educational Conference hotel block at the Venetian Resort! Don't miss the opportunity to secure the discounted nightly rate of $209 at this all-suites luxury resort in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Book your room today, and remember to register to attend AOA-35 before Aug. 11 to secure the best possible rates.
Where Is the Top of My Desk?!
Does it ever seem like you have more paper now that we’ve gone to electronic medical records? What do we do with all that paper? You MANAGE IT. Here are some tips to reduce your piles:
- Avoid saving unnecessary documents just in case. Be selective!
- Create a consistent naming method for files and folders. Use colors to easily differentiate by topic (payroll – green, employees – blue, providers – yellow, vendors – red, etc.)
- Store related documents together and order them by date. (Don’t store letters in one folder, reports in another, spreadsheets in another.)
- Use “working folders” so the projects you are working on currently, reports you need to review, etc. are all in one handy location. (Just make sure you’re making progress and completing those tasks! If you ever find you need a second working folder, you need to rethink what you’re working on.)
- Avoid overfilling folders; start a second folder instead.
- Scan wherever possible, ensuring that the file and folder structure on your computer is the same as the one in your drawer to ease finding things. After you scan, shred it! Don’t save an electronic copy AND a paper copy.
Don't Get Burned: Read the AOA Blog
The AOA blog is a members-only benefit with great practice management information updated several times a week. Have you checked out the blog yet? Check out a post below to avoid getting burned by a new employee. Read the blog frequently for more great business and practice management tips.
How to Lose an Employee in 10 Days
Do you miss the weeks of posting ads, making calls, conducting interviews and checking references so much that you’re ready to do it again? Of course you are. To keep the fun times rolling, here is a guide on how to lose an employee in 10 days. Read all 10 steps on the AOA Blog.
Educate yourself and your office with AOA webinars. Learn about several upcoming titles below. Visit the AOA Webinars page to register. Secure your education for 2017 with the 2017 AOA webinar subscription for the low member rate of just $349.
July 17 @ 1:00 p.m. Eastern | "Creative Leadership TED Talk" presented by Jonathan Fanning
Aug. 9 @ 1:00 p.m. Eastern | "HIPAA Compliance: Texting and Emailing with Patients" presented by Jim Sheldon-Dean
ON DEMAND|"Ransomware and HIPAA Risks - BE VERY CAREFUL HERE"presented by Brian L. TuttleDOWNLOAD AT YOUR CONVENIENCE!!!