NEWS & ASSOCIATION UPDATES
Looking to Advance Your Career? Register for Next Week's FREE COPM Webinar
Take your otolaryngology practice management career to the next level by registering for a complimentary webinar about the Certification in Otolaryngology Practice Management. The COPM Advisory Board will be on hand to guide you through the pathway to certification and can answer any questions you might have. Register today to advance your career.
AOA Welcomes New Staff Members for Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
Once again, the AOA offered one-day contracts to two employees, Cory and Caden Zoller (sons of Kelly Zoller), in honor of Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. Cory and Caden were instrumental in ensuring the printer ran smoothly and that stacks of cardstock were crispy whacked. The boys received payment in the form of pizza from our favorite local shop. The AOA Office thanks Cory and Caden for a great day on the job!
15 Habits of Self-Made Millionaires, from a Man Who Spent 5 Years Studying Rich People
Success doesn't crop up overnight. All self-made millionaires had to start somewhere. Much of their transformation from ordinary to seven-figure status can be attributed to "rich habits," a term coined by Thomas C. Corley, who spent five years researching the daily habits of 177 self-made millionaires. "From my research, I discovered that daily habits dictate how successful or unsuccessful you will be in life," he writes in his 2016 book "Change Your Habits, Change Your Life."
"There is a cause and effect associated with habits. Habits are the cause of wealth, poverty, happiness, sadness, stress, good relationships, bad relationships, good health, or bad health." The good news is all habits can be changed, Corley notes. Read some "rich habits" of self-made millionaires on Business Insider's website.
AOA-35 ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE
It's Almost Here: AOA-35 Registration Coming Soon
Are you ready to register for AOA-35? Plan to be in Las Vegas Sept. 18-20 for the largest gathering of ENT practice managers in the country. Check out our schedule at a glance for an idea of what's to come. If you need support from your physician to attend, use our ROI planner to prove that AOA-35 is a sound investment for your practice. And make sure to book your hotel at the Venetian Resort in the AOA-35 block before it sells out! Cross these things off your list so you can register when it opens.
Hidden Revenue Inside Your Practice
Everyone feels like they have to do more with less these days. Here are a few hidden sources you can tap to ensure you are getting the most out of every revenue dollar:
- Ride your vendors: Your vendors could increase prices or decrease quantity sizes without telling you. Watch what you order and make sure your vendors are competitive with others.
- Check every order: Review packing slips and invoices with every delivery to ensure you received exactly what you ordered, that there are no extra charges or incorrect quantities, and that nothing is damaged.
- Conduct and maintain inventory: Everything from office supplies to medical supplies should be inventoried. This helps keep your staff honest and makes sure things aren’t walking out the door. It also ensures that you don’t have a huge stockpile of items that could expire on the shelf.
- Stagger your staff: Do you really need your entire staff to start all at the same time every day? Stagger your workers so you can increase support as volume increases and either let them leave early and/or avoid overtime once the need decreases.
- Renegotiate your lease: One of your largest expenses could be your lease, so renegotiate it as often as you can. Make sure your landlord is providing all the services you are paying for so you aren’t absorbing extra cost just to get things provided for you.
Train for the Long Haul with AOA University
Go the distance in your practice by incorporating AOA University modules into your training program with our suggested bundles. Keep the pace with the Ongoing/Annual Training bundle, which includes the following modules: Bloodborne Pathogens; Fraud, Waste & Abuse Compliance; Hazard Communication; HIPAA; and Service Excellence. Or sprint ahead of the pack with our New Employee Training bundle. Visit the AOA University webapgeand go the extra mile in your employee training!
Educate yourself and your office with AOA webinars. Learn about several upcoming titles below. Visit the AOA Webinars page to register. Secure your education for 2017 with the 2017 AOA webinar subscription for the low member rate of just $349.
May 3 @ 1 p.m. Eastern | "Learn About COPM and Advance Your Career!" presented by the COPM Advisory BoardCOMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR!!!
May 10 @ 1 p.m. Eastern | "Different Ways Proper Accounting Can Maintain a Healthy Business" presented by Brian Price and Amy Sac
May 24 @ 1 p.m. Eastern | "Patient Satisfaction Surveys: Transform Your Data and Patient Experience" presented by Thomas P. Jeffrey, MPHCOMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR!!!
May 31 @ 1 p.m. Eastern | "Reg-ent Registry - What's In It for You?" presented by Cathlin Bowman, MBA