The future of otolaryngology is in your hands
As practice managers, administrators, coders and more, you are constantly challenged to promote the best in otolaryngology medicine across your region and across the country while simultaneously running a successful business. The Association of Otolaryngology Administrators is your partner to help make that happen.
The AOA is the only association dedicated to otolaryngology practice management. Our specialty-specific education, resources and networking opportunities will help take your practice to the next level and remain competitive in an uncertain time of healthcare.
9/30/16: Six Hacks to Help You Learn Anything Faster
Staying competitive often means learning new things. Multiple research studies indicate that you can learn and retain information faster, giving you the professional edge you need to advance:
- Teach someone else (or just pretend to): You tend to turn to more effective strategies to retain knowledge.
- Learn in short bursts of time: Somewhere between 30-50 minutes is the right amount. Then take a break.
- Take notes by hand: Not as a fast as typing on a laptop, but less mindless. Your comprehension improves because writing notes demands that you be a more active listener.
- Use the power of mental spacing: Review information every few days after learning it – like keeping your lawn green and watering it frequently as opposed to only once a during the summer.
- Take a study nap: Get your rest between learning sessions.
- Change it up: When practicing a new task or motor skill, try a slightly modified version each time to help you master it.